- U.S. FDA & ISO 13485 : 2003
- U.S. FDA & ISO 13485 : 2003
Features and Benefits :
- No need to clean
- Now sterile
- Manufactured from low density polyethylene (provides proper stiffness - ease of insertion)
- Calibrated (distance of insertion easily accurately observed for safety)
- Coude tip (facilitates insertion)
- Single use - Economical
- Both Straight & curved tip available
- Latex Free
- Pediatric size fits in 4mm to 6mm tubes
- Adult size fits in 6mm to 11mm tubes
- Do NOT use rubbing alchol (70 % isopropyl) for cleaning , as this may degrade and weaken the surface / coating of device
- Do NOT use lubricants with a petrochemical base.
- Do NOT re-sterilize. Resterilization could change the physical characteristics of the material and should not be attempted.
- Exposure to elevated temperatures and ultraviolet light should be avoided during storage.
Indications for Use:
When the laryngeal opening is not fully visible
To control the direction of the endotracheal tube during insertion.
Soft tissue damage or bronchial rupture may occur.
1. During blind intubation
2. Positioning past the carina
3. When undue pressure is applied
4. Endotracheal tube is threated over introducer without using a laryngoscope
Correct tube placement may be confirmed by:
1. End- tidal CO2 detection
2. Esophageal detector device ( Self Inflating Bulb)
3.Chest auscultation along the mid-axillary lines and the episgastrium
- May be used for endotracheal tubes 6.0 mm and larger.
- Introducer may be lubricated with sterial water.
- Perform an optimal direct laryngoscopy.
- At a minimum, the tip of the epiglottis must be visible.
- Tactile confirmation of tracheal clicking will be felt as the distal tip of the introducer bumps against the tracheal rings. If tracheal clicking cannot be felt, continue to gently advance the introducer until "hold up" is felt. Tracheal "clicking" and "hold-up" are positive signs that the introducer has entered the trachea. No tracheal clicking or hold-up is indicative of esophageal placement.
- Advance the introducer to a depth of approximately 25 cm so that the distal tip lies at least 2 to 3 cm beyond the glottic opening.
- While holding the introducer securely and without removing the laryngoscope, advance the endotracheal tube cover the proximal tip of the introducer.Once the endotracheal tube tip passes beyond the teeth, ratate the endotracheal tube 90 counter clocwise ( 1/4 turn to the left) so that the endotracheal tube bevel does not catch on the arytenoid cartilage.
- Advance the endotracheal tube to the proper depth so that the tip of the endotracheal tube lies in the mid-trachea.
- Holding the endotracheal tube securely, remove the introducer.
- Confirm endotracheal intubation.
- Do not clean or sterilize this disposable introducer, or use it on another patient.
Compare with Eschmann Type Introducer. The Eschmann tracheal tube introducer is commonly referred to as : bougie, gum elastic bougie, tracheal tube introducer, endotracheal tube / ET tube exchanger.
Product size :
- ADULT : 70 CM X 15 FR BLUE STRAIGHT TIP
- ADULT : 70 CM X 15 FR BLUE COUDE TIP
- INFANT : 70 CM X 10 FR BLUE COUDE TIP
Offer on the product:
- Free shipment on bullk purchase
- Discount pricing on volume purchase.